Thursday, December 13, 2018

The Everyday: 


Went to my primary doctor yesterday because since the weekend I've been feeling awful. First, my asthma, which had been behaving for months, suddenly flared up with a major attack. The attacks kept coming through the weekend and then I started feeling like I was getting the flu. Long and short of it is that I don't have the flu - I have the flu's cousin. Something that has been going around for the past 5 weeks in southern NJ. The pain of the flu/cousin to the flu sadly only makes the pain of lymphedema worse. The doctor is being aggressive because as we know the lymphatic system is how the bad in our system gets out of our bodies. Lymphedema means your lymphatic system is already compromised, if we don't get a handle on this virus, well then, I could end up in the hospital. 
This diagnoses explains a lot. The day before I saw my doctor I had a crying spell from 4pm in the afternoon until the next day, off and on. I don't usually cry unless there is rain. But the pain was so severe nothing that I did could give me any relief. They had me come in right away because we don't mess around with anything that could potentially make the lymphedema flare up even worse. 
So, until I feel a bit better to organize the thoughts in my head, I'll have to wait to post part two of Health Crisis. I'm hoping to get the Christmas tree up this weekend, if I can...

There is one thing - when the doctor tells you to pick up the medications, take them and then GO TO BED - well you do what he says. Off to rest, while the medications have me numb. 

Hope everyone is feeling okay tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment